C4 Forums | Control4

DSC PowerSeries Neo - Alarm.com and Control4

Hi Guys,

quite new to the forum and also looking at getting Control 4 installed in the home. We currently have the PowerSeries NEO and Alarm.com installed in the house, and I know Control4 has a DSC Module to work through the TL280 Communicator.

I was wondering if Control 4 had the capability of working with Alarm.com so we can maintain Geofencing and the Image Sensors that are installed.

Alternatively, doesnt anyone know if you can utilise the TL280 AND Alarm.com at the same time?

Cheers,

Tim

Tim, 

Not sure what you mean by integration with ADC.  You can integrate DSC-NEO with C4 and use C4s geofencing drivers to do the same things as ADC does (control scenes, adjust HVAC, set alarm state, etc...).  The image sensing is unique to ADC, but you could replace sensors with IP cameras and ingrate into C4, or just leave them on ADC,  I'd think you would want to move away from ADC though as you get deeper into C4.  There is no reason to keep both and C4 is far superior IMO.

Hi Dave,

many thanks for the reply. Thats exactly what I needed to know. I'm not familiar with C4 as of yet, so its good to know that you can do the geofencing through it as that is one feature i'd love to keep. Wanting to look at some IP cameras for the home anyway so if I need to give up the Image Sensors and just put an extra camera inside then no issue I can see.

Out of interest, Do you happen to know if the DSC Neo can work with ADC Module and the TL280 at the same time? Or would the ADC come out entirely.

Thanks again,

Tim

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Neo.  3Gig did just come out with this IP bridge, though.  Its designed to be a backup for IP communications with ADC via internet.  I'm not aware of anybody who has used it for any other integration or even if its possible (may be encrypted or use some weaird protocol).  But could be worth a try: http://2gig.com/products/peripherals/gobridge-ip-communicator/

Archived