C4 Forums | Control4

Issues after 1.6 upgrade

Hi.

I've been having a few oddities since my system was upgraded and I just want to know whether they are related to the upgrade or problems with the equipment.

1. I have several dimmer switches that are programmed to go on at a certain hour each evening when I'm home. They are set to ramp to 75% and that's what they did until the upgrade. After the upgrade, it appears to be ramping up to maybe 25%. I can push the top button on the dimmer switch and it does go all the way to 100%. I don't think it's the switches because it's happening pretty much across the board.

2. I have a 10.5" touch panel in my main family room. The panel nows cycles the network a number of times each day. When and if it finds the network without rebooting the panel, it always is set to a different room. My questions are: Is this related to the upgrade? Is this related to the wireless radio getting weak?

Edited to add: After the touch panel is rebooted, it takes about 2 hours for the movie artwork, video channels and music artwork to update. Each page takes about 10 minutes to display.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

I have noticed since 1.6 upgrade that playing audio via my 10.5 V1 Touchscreen is much slower to load. Especially selecting a playlist or adding zones. Network is stable and fast. Any ideas? Is the MC processor just not up to it? Short of getting an HC 500 any suggestions to speed it up?

My dealer just changed my system so I could have Rhapsody. I had a media controller and added an HC300. The HC300 now pretty much does everything but store the music (which is still on the media controller). At the same time I installed a new 7 inch screen.

I've noticed one problem:

Once I've started music in one room (does not matter if it is music from the media controller or Rhapsody), and I hit "zones" to add more rooms....the "zones" icon does not respond for about 30 seconds...it just sits on the screen that shows the music is playing and then about 30 seconds later the zones screen comes up.

Is this a known bug with 1.6, and I should just wait for the next patch, or do you think something got set up wrong with the install?

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Just wanted to post this up once more to see if anyone had any thoughts:

My dealer just changed my system so I could have Rhapsody. I had a media controller and added an HC300. The HC300 now pretty much does everything but store the music (which is still on the media controller). At the same time I installed a new 7 inch screen.

I've noticed one problem:

Once I've started music in one room (does not matter if it is music from the media controller or Rhapsody), and I hit "zones" to add more rooms....the "zones" icon does not respond for about 30 seconds...it just sits on the screen that shows the music is playing and then about 30 seconds later the zones screen comes up.

Is this a known bug with 1.6, and I should just wait for the next patch, or do you think something got set up wrong with the install?

Thanks

Dave

Depending on how many current zones are playing depends on the speed of the actual zones page from appearing.

I believe control4 has addressed this problem in the next major release.

How do you like your 7” panel, pretty responsive? I am loving mine..

Archived