C4 Forums | Control4

Possible to update 1.2.0.90 TS with Composer 1.6?

jesh

Is it possible to update a 1.2.0.90 Mini Touch Screen (ethernet PoE) with Composer 1.6?

I am having issues with this one. Keeps going to the 'Update in progress...' screen.

Sep 9 18:05:29 - returning string: <status><value>upgrading_package_fail_try_again</value><currentversion>1.2.0.90</currentversion><upgradeversion>1.6.0.486</upgradeversion><currentpackage>navigator-yoda</currentpackage><remainingpackages>navigator-yoda,audioclient,yserver,resetcheck-yoda,sysman,inspector,navigator-skins-yoda-cop,system-version</remainingpackages></status>^M

Sep 9 18:05:33 - Command finished with return code (1): /usr/bin/dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/upman/navigator-yoda_1.6.0.486_arm.deb

Sep 9 18:05:33 - Process return code is 1

Sep 9 18:05:33 - Could not install Control4 Navigator

Sep 9 18:05:44 - returning string: <status><value>update_failed</value><update-failure/><currentversion>1.2.0.90</currentversion><upgradeversion>1.6.0.486</upgradeversion><currentpackage>navigator-yoda</currentpackage><remainingpackages>navigator-yoda,audioclient,yserver,resetcheck-yoda,sysman,inspector,navigator-skins-yoda-cop,system-version</remainingpackages></status>^M

Sep 9 18:05:45 - returning string:

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

1.2 doesn't have the ability to boot off of a USB key - that was introduced in the 1.3 release...

So I'd go back to getting the dealer (or you if you are the dealer) to install 1.3 and then 1.6.

Older releases of Composer are available in the Dealer Site on Control4's web site.

booting off USB is not the only way to use the restore key, at least for devices with removable media (SD) ;). I don't know if the MTS boots off SD or an embedded EEPROM but agreed the best/easiest way would be for the dealer to go through the revs.

Archived