C4 Forums | Control4

Need DirecTV - Button on SR260

Is there a button on the SR260 that acts as the ( - ) button from the DirecTV remote? 

I got a new DTV box and am needing to enter my wifi password to connect the boxes, but I'm not able to enter special characters from the SR260. 

Any help for an amateur question? 

Thanks in advance. 

Yeah, I may go that route. I didn't set up any of the remotes bc I just swapped out the boxes for the 4K, and since my SR260 controlled it all, I didn't bother with the DTV remote setup. I just didn't know if there was a button I was missing (if it was a quick simple fix). Thanks. 

On 8/22/2016 at 8:06 PM, konieczn said:

Yeah, I may go that route. I didn't set up any of the remotes bc I just swapped out the boxes for the 4K, and since my SR260 controlled it all, I didn't bother with the DTV remote setup. I just didn't know if there was a button I was missing (if it was a quick simple fix). Thanks. 

I'm just curious did you get the new Genie (HR54) or the 4L Genie minis?

I had the HR44 originally and one of the 4K genies, and upgraded to the HR54 because I thought I would get more 4K. It turns out, I'm one of the ones that is able to get channel 104, and 105, to come in, but not the live channel (106), and DirecTV acts like they have no clue what's going on. 

So I upgraded for nothing pretty much, because the live channel still doesn't work. 

I ended up taking my DTV remote to where my AV rack is and entered my WiFi password that route. 

Archived