C4 Forums | Control4

name and address doesn't populate in Composer

Ctrl4notWkng

Hello,

I have just installed parallels and windows 10 on my mac.

I have now downloaded composer HE which I have a subscription that expires in 2017 . If the name and address on the remote director doesn't populate after refreshing and also trying to "add" a new one- what can I do?

Thanks,

After adding my account name, email address- it initialized etc.- I am connecting through "Remote Director"

Then where it says connect to director- nothing was populated there as it usually did on my other computer.  So, I figured I should "add" a name and address.

I logged into my c4 account online and found this  control4_hc300v2_0 xxxxxxx - so I have added it manually as the name and the 192.XXX as the address.

The error I am getting now with the above is: Could not connect to a Director at 192.XXX on the non-secure port.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

That is the problem. It should be on the same network. Or else you have to use the remote option to

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

But I mentioned I was using the remote director option - 

there are 2 options- local and remote- I clicked on remote and still have this issue.

set vmware to use BRIDGED networking if possible: 

https://pubs.vmware.com/fusion-6/index.jsp#com.vmware.fusion.help.doc/GUID-84AC2D7D-4A44-4AB6-BAF8-F12C55E71A2F.html

if you use NAT then your broadcast domain changes and composer can't find the director using broadcast discovery. there are some exceptions, this is the simple answer. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Spitler said:

set vmware to use BRIDGED networking if possible: 

https://pubs.vmware.com/fusion-6/index.jsp#com.vmware.fusion.help.doc/GUID-84AC2D7D-4A44-4AB6-BAF8-F12C55E71A2F.html

if you use NAT then your broadcast domain changes and composer can't find the director using broadcast discovery. there are some exceptions, this is the simple answer. 

Thank you. So, I am using Parallels- I guess it would be the same idea to get it on a bridged network.  I tried that just now, while connected to windows- on Parallel, I sent to: Configure --> Hardware--->Network---->made sure "connected" is selected and then I chose "default adapter".

Still getting the error after this. Anything else you think I can try? 

Thanks.

the bridged ethernet option didn't work either because when I go to:

bridge: ehternet - I get:

The real network adapter Ethernet used by the virtual adapter 1 is not connected to the network.

Make sure the real adapter is connected to a wireless or wired network.

So, trying to connect to composer wasn't even possible because windows wasn't connected to the internet with this bridge ethernet option.

With the Bridge-default adapter it was connected to the internet- but still getting the unsecure port error

Maybe someone who uses Parallels and Control4 can assist instead to point me in the right directions with my settings on either of the 2 systems.

When I vpn"ed" into the location that the control4 system is located- I was able to log in using the "director on local".  Is this the only way to use Parallels and Control4? or is there a setting I can make so that I can log into control4 without having to first vpn.

So, the error message if I want to connect on "remote director" is unable to connect to unsecure port. thanks.

Archived