C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat Connectivity Problem

I recently had a 1.6 system installed that is having problems with 2 Thermostats.

One of these has worked briefly and then I lose all control over it. The advanced properties section is grayed out, but network data is present.

The other one has been working but then "went out" for a day with the same symptoms above and "came back" the next day.

This may or may not be related to the other problem I posted that has to do with dimmers and switches losing connectivity.

I have a system spread over a 2,800 sq ft ranch. I have an HC500, 2 HC300s, 65 dimmers and switches, 13 KeyPads spread across the house and zigbee extender the installer put in when we were trouble shooting a thermostat problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what the problem might be?

They have moved the zigbee server several times between the 3 controllers.

I think it is now at one end of the house on the HC500.

They have a zigbee extender in the center of the house right next to one of the thermostats that has "disconnected".

The cordless phone I have is an AT&T DECT 6.0 which operates at 1.9 GHz but another wireless phone is at 2.4 GHz. I turned it off.

The other wireless device I have is a Netgear WNR3500 Wireless Router, which does run at 2.4 GHz. The installer moved it to the basement from next to the HC500 and the problems diminished, but did not go away. I disabled the wireless but nothing changed.

So I turned off all competing 2.4 GHz devices but the situation has not improved, in fact the 2nd Thermostat is now also grayed out.

My installer is returning from vacation today and I hope to have him have another go at it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The dealer told me to wait for 1.7 which we just installed.

1 Thermostat works and the other will not accept any programming.

I am waiting for dealer to return and possibly replace the 2nd thermostat.

I am also waiting to see if the working thermostat will be able to get back to holding temperature to within 1 degree (set in settings but swinging 2 to 3 degrees).

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded to 1.7.1 and replaced aThermostat. Connectivity to the Thermostats appeared to be fixed but the HC500 developed a problem and had to be replaced. When they reloaded the software I lost connectivity to one thermostat, again. Am now waiting for dealer to come back and try to resolve.

I just upgraded to 1.7.1 and replaced aThermostat. Connectivity to the Thermostats appeared to be fixed but the HC500 developed a problem and had to be replaced. When they reloaded the software I lost connectivity to one thermostat, again. Am now waiting for dealer to come back and try to resolve.

It sounds like it dropped out of the project. Did your dealer try and remotely identify the T-Stat?

Did you have this issue prior to the update?

It sounds like it dropped out of the project. Did your dealer try and remotely identify the T-Stat?

- I just asked him to do that today. Awaiting a reply.

- I had a problem of 1 of 2 the thermostats losing connectivity.

- Both would be working when the dealer left and then within a day one of them would no longer communicate.

- The data in my Composer Home Edition would be grayed out and I could not get it back.

- I just asked him to do that today. Awaiting a reply.

- I had a problem of 1 of 2 the thermostats losing connectivity.

- Both would be working when the dealer left and then within a day one of them would no longer communicate.

- The data in my Composer Home Edition would be grayed out and I could not get it back.

I'd ask him to insure your zigbee signal is sufficient.

How many dimmers/switches are around the T-Stat? Where is the Stat in relation to the controller? Where is the controller located?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running into the same issue in my own home. My TSTAT keeps losing connectivity with the system, my identify signal comes on rather than the date, the fan turns on and off, and finally when the program is running during the day at times the temp changes to 85 degrees and that is nowhere in my programming. Any ideas?

I'm running into the same issue in my own home. My TSTAT keeps losing connectivity with the system, my identify signal comes on rather than the date, the fan turns on and off, and finally when the program is running during the day at times the temp changes to 85 degrees and that is nowhere in my programming. Any ideas?

Sorry No new news. I have 2nd/3rd level tech support still trying to figure out why one of my TStats works and the other doesn't. As soon as they find out what's wrong I'll post the solution, if there is one. If this keeps up the one in the bedroom area will go back to the programmable one I had before.

^This happened to me and after many days it came back. The dealer was called out and he said it was working (surprise). Pretty willy-nilly if you ask me. I don't know how many more Zigbee repaeters I need to pay for before this problem goes away... Good luck and keep us posted.

Archived