C4 Forums | Control4

New Remote Tomorrow

But, please remove the "X" option when selecting digital media !!!!!! Pressing the "X" next to the artist or song will remove the Song from the C4 library!!!!

The only way to get the song back is to re-scan the media. It is not clear to casual users or house guests what the "X" actually does. Is it possible to make the "X" an option in the settings.

I personally like this option.

It just deletes it from your library but not off the controller, so if you rescan your media then it will reappear.

pretty easy setup. FYI-the remote locator feature - when triggered the remote wil not beep until it checks into the controller - every 60 seconds. one customer of mine (that always runs his remotes in v1 mode) commented on the watch and listen buttons - don't like them, likez it the old way. great look and feel and nice button placement if you ask me.

I have my 6 button to trigger the remote finder.

Very strange how it ended up in the bottom of the toy box :)

Hehe

But' date=' please remove the "X" option when selecting digital media !!!!!! Pressing the "X" next to the artist or song will remove the Song from the C4 library!!!!

The only way to get the song back is to re-scan the media. It is not clear to casual users or house guests what the "X" actually does. Is it possible to make the "X" an option in the settings.[/quote']

I personally like this option.

It just deletes it from your library but not off the controller, so if you rescan your media then it will reappear.

I may be missing something. Maybe there is another explanation.

When you press the "X", the song will not show in the library. However, when you rescan, it will reappear.

So, if you purchase a song the next day and want it on the C4 library, you must rescan the media to get that song in the library. The rescan will bring back all the songs that were removed ?

Does this mean you must go thru all the songs you previously removed, and remove them again ? That sounds like a management nightmare.

Archived