C4 Forums | Control4

New Somfy Integration Help

ejn1

Appreciate if anyone has a view of what's the best way to integrate a somfy blind system?   I know previously I was looking at their RTS rs232 interface but something tells me their is a newer better way to integrate?  

For wireless blinds, the URTSii is the best option. However, there are issue associated with using a wireless system. I have Ahmad some blinds in same room randomly nor receive signals while ones next to it work. I would call it a 85% perfect solution.

I found that I would use a rs232 to rs485 adapter to allow me to plug into a controller far away and have the URTSii in same area as the blinds. Using cat5e or other wiring. Rs485 only requires 2 conductors and can be small gauge in most cases.

I guess I should have started with;

Are the blinds already installed and do you have an option to run alarm wire or cat5e wire to each motor still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

For wireless blinds, the URTSii is the best option. However, there are issue associated with using a wireless system. I have Ahmad some blinds in same room randomly nor receive signals while ones next to it work. I would call it a 85% perfect solution.

I found that I would use a rs232 to rs485 adapter to allow me to plug into a controller far away and have the URTSii in same area as the blinds. Using cat5e or other wiring. Rs485 only requires 2 conductors and can be small gauge in most cases.

I guess I should have started with;

Are the blinds already installed and do you have an option to run alarm wire or cat5e wire to each motor still?

Many thanks for the response.    I have the blinds already installed and can't get wire to them.   I have a hc800 in the same room so was thinking about putting that Somfy URTSii controller connected to the hc800.    I thought I saw that Somfy was some new wifi interface and app so didn't know if there was a better solution.   It's worrying your comment on random reliabiliy...   thanks!!!

How may motors do you want to program?

Also, the wifi interface would be the same. It is a URTSii with a network connection instead of the rs232 interface. For control4, the rs232 to your controller in the same room should yield good results.

10 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

How may motors do you want to program?

Also, the wifi interface would be the same. It is a URTSii with a network connection instead of the rs232 interface. For control4, the rs232 to your controller in the same room should yield good results.

I have 6 windows in the room that i want to add the somfy.  Many thanks

If you want 6 individual controls then the URTSii is the one for you.

If they already operate one one or two channels on an existing somfy remote or keypad then there is another product. A single channel remote the connects to the relay output on the hc800 controller. This is more reliable than the URTSii but is limited to one channel per device.

https://www.somfysystems.com/file.cfm/Dry_Contact_RTS_Interface_1810493.pdf?contentid=199692

This is what you want. It uses two of the relays on hc800 but works flawless.

31 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

If you want 6 individual controls then the URTSii is the one for you.

If they already operate one one or two channels on an existing somfy remote or keypad then there is another product. A single channel remote the connects to the relay output on the hc800 controller. This is more reliable than the URTSii but is limited to one channel per device.

https://www.somfysystems.com/file.cfm/Dry_Contact_RTS_Interface_1810493.pdf?contentid=199692

This is what you want. It uses two of the relays on hc800 but works flawless.

Thanks Vince.   I have no means to run any wires to the blind location so think URTSii is the only option for me.  

Archived