C4 Forums | Control4

HC 500 Sound Quality

tsmithmdtx

I have a new control4 system that I have loaded a small number of discs onto using easy importer over my home network. When I play these songs the sound quality is terrible. I have tried everything that I know which isnt much but cant seem to make any improvements. Any thoughts or suggestions? By the way FM and XM sound fine so it is not the speakers, etc.

I have a new control4 system that I have loaded a small number of discs onto using easy importer over my home network. When I play these songs the sound quality is terrible. I have tried everything that I know which isnt much but cant seem to make any improvements. Any thoughts or suggestions? By the way FM and XM sound fine so it is not the speakers, etc.

meaning you ripped them to a hard drive or are playing them directly or what? might be a network bandwidth issue or compatibility of the file type these were ripped to.

If you play the files directly on your machine how do they sound? It may be a bad rip. If FM and XM sound fine. You may also want to check the ethernet cable connected to the HC-500, it may have an issue.

Dealer came out today and loaded some cd's "directly" into the hc-500 and they sound good. Funny thing is all the load cd's - which previously sounded bad - now sound good. Someone mentioned the fm and xm issue and our sound quality on both of these is now terrible. Very weird. If you listen to a talk station on xm - say Fox News or Comedy Channel - they are fine. But if you listen to a music station their is this terrible interference. This is on both xm and fm. Could this be a bad am/fm/xm tuner? The tuner should not have anything to do with the music play through the hc-500 right? I cant figure out how if any this 2 are connected.

I do have to say that my installer has been great in working through these issues with me but still has not completely resolved them.

Archived