C4 Forums | Control4

IR Jacks - Tech question

AndersE

Anybody know some tech about using 3,5 jacks instead of IR-emitters with control4? With a high end stereosystem it does not look to good with IR-bugs on the frontpanels.

I need to know the voltage level on the control signal from C4, and the output impedance on the driver.

as per HC300 training material:

"Port#6 sends upto 500mV of Current and Port# 1 to5 ouputs 11.7mV current."

I am not sure why C4 refers "mV" as current!!! current is measured in Amps and symbol should have been "mA" no idea how to interpret this!!

also C4 released an program called irmodeedit.exe which can import your own or web driver and make them for direct connction to the equipement without any IR tagling in front, if your equipmnet is having ir jack.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

help

I can't get my TV to work with the IR thru my HTC

I have a Sony KDL-52 I have tried the Driver for the TV, then I tried the manual input learn thru my Media controller. Swapped out my IR sensors. I can see the HTC sending the signals, but no response from the TV, the regular remote works, and I used it to teach the C-4 system.

ANY HELP>>???

THanks

On one of my Sony DVD players (and my comcast boxes too I believe) the IR signal wouldn't make it through the double stick tape on the IR bud. Once I removed that tap and used a little clear tape it worked great.

On one of my Sony DVD players (and my comcast boxes too I believe) the IR signal wouldn't make it through the double stick tape on the IR bud. Once I removed that tap and used a little clear tape it worked great.

Good point ILoveC4. Sometimes the thicker tape on the C4 emitters can be a problem. I usually place the emitter a little above or off to one side of the receiver on the equipment. This seems to work and also lets you use the native remote of the equipment for control and trouble shooting.

Archived