C4 Forums | Control4

Speakerpoint receive audio passed through HC300?

Here's my setup:

Directv HR-20 (in a room in the project called "bar")

Stereo analog hooked to input on hc300

Stereo output from HC300 hooked to input on wired speakerpoint in same rack.

Room in question is the "patio", which has only the speakerpoint in it. The

I can play MP3s from the hard drive and join other sessions (btw im using 1.3.2.234 in this case) of mp3 music.

When I use my V2 remote and change rooms to "patio", the only options i get under TV are "channels". I am thinking that the stream should be digitized by the hc300 and then output to the speakerpoint if i select it.

What am I missing here? Seems real trivial. I'm thinking I should just be able to select the source or "join" whats going on in the bar session.

Check your bindings... sounds like you only have AUDIO end point- not AUDIO VIDEO end point in that room. Make sure you've all all audio and audio / video endpoints terminated.

Also - you do know you're going to get a 2-3 second delay on audio out of the Speakerpoint - correct? In this case - has nothing to do with the Speakerpoint - has to do with you're telling the HC-300 to digitize the audio - which it will do and then send it out to the Speakerpoint. If you want no delay at all - you have to run the RCA's from the DirecTV directly to the Speakerpoint and tell the Speakerpoint to run in LOCAL AMP mode (ie: do not digitize the inputs).

Room Control shows:

Speaker Audio Endpoint - Audio Selection - Patio -> Audio Endpoint 1, Patio -> Video's Audio Endpoint 1

Spealer Audio Endpoint - Speaker Audio Volume - Patio -> Video Volume 1, Patio -> Audio volume 1

Should it also have an endpoint for the Bar room (or whichever room I'm trying to get satellite audio from)?

Does this become a moot point in 1.6+ with the introduction of zones, or should it still have the room endpoints for which I want to receive audio?

Thinking about it, I suppose if we ever decide to upgrade the matrix switch in the bar, I'll get one with enough in/outs to have an input for the audio out from the controller and and input for the stereo out from the satellite, and have an out going to the speakerpoint.... that way I can flip sources, and keep it in local amp mode for no delay?

why would you have outputs from the hc300 going to the speakerpoint? When you hooked the HR20 to the HC300, you already have that source available to your project by streaming. Hooking the outputs of the 300 to the speakerpoint seems redundant....or am I missing something?

Well the only reason it was done that way was for mp3 streaming but now that I think about it youre right, it gets that off the network connection. So I could just hook the HR20 to the speakerpoint, put it in local amp mode, update my connections, and call it a day... thanks neil I'll have to check it out :)

Archived