C4 Forums | Control4

Lost sound from Sony Receiver in secondary zones

Hello all -

My 2 year old got a hold of the remote for my Sony 7.1 receiver and now, only the primary zone has audio. All other zones properly switch through video, but no audio. I'm using the Sony video switch that is part of the NHS 3040 system and a Sony DA3300ES receiver. This was working fine today and then I walked in on my son with the remote and its no longer working so I'm sure this is a setting on the receiver, but can't for the life of me get it to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

That would be it, sorry I missed that in the post. I only saw the NHS info. Is that particular NHS similar to this one?

http://www.control4.com/cp/38-22C54664/index.htm

If so, I find it interesting that they would be using "Zone 2" modes in their receivers for a second room, as that's typically "frowned upon" because of the issues with making the second zone audio work, as you're experincing.

Or, is there a receiver for each zone?

Yes - the NHS is similar to that. I'm not sure we're using the "Zone 2" functionality - its just that my basement theatre works ( which I was told was the primary zone), but none of the other zones play audio. They are playing video so I know the amp is still communicating with the different zones.

Might check that you are still set to analog. I believe it's "Input Mode" from what I can tell by looking at your remote. Zone 2 will only pass analog, so if the input mode was changed to digital or auto, that would kill Zone 2. Also if your kid went deep into the menu, Zone 2 could have been changed to Surround Back.

Just guessing, but a couple things you can check.

Jason -

Thanks for the suggestions. I learned a few things investigating. I am not using the "Zone 2" functionality on the receiver. The audio switching is being handled by the CAV-M1000ES and the video switching is being handled by the CAV-CVS12ES. Again - this was all part of the Sony NHS rack system which I upgraded to C4.

I set all the input modes to Auto. Now, i get audio in the other zones, but video is lost. Also - i have a "media off" custom button which used to turn off all components, but now, it is not turning the AMP off or on. I had mentioned before that my basement theater is the "primary zone". This still works, but even if i turn that room off - if the AMP is on, i'll hear whatever source is selected.

I really appreciate feedback and suggestions -

Thanks!

Archived