C4 Forums | Control4

Ductless air conditioning

gcjacob

The model is Springer Carrier (a Brazilian brand I believe)

I’m not sure if it is called ductless air conditioning, but is one of those split systems, that have a thermostat on each unit, and is controlled by a remote control.

I have IR emitters connected to all of them - but we (me and my dealer) were not able to find a way for creating a driver for it.

The big problem with 'split units' that I've come across is there isn't necessarily a way to set a fixed cooling setpoint.

Also, the Driver Wizard does not support using the Thermostat proxy to create your device, so currently, you'd have to either create a DriverWorks driver that sends IR to control your unit, and/or create a Driver Wizard driver that is of another type (say DVD or some other) that then is called in Control4 Composer programming to do what you want to the unit.

Voce e' Dealer Brasileiro?

RyanE

No. i'm not a brazilian dealer, and i don't have acces to the pro and neither driverWorks. But i speak english and my dealer no, and also I know more about programing than my dealer, so we are wroking togheter

Do you speak portuguese? do you know some brazilian dealaer?

thanks

I've heard about disac - but they got very expansive prices here!! you should look for another company here to represent control4

They charge almost 4 times the USA price, and the tzxes are just 100%(lol) - so they should charge 2 times the price, not 4!!!

they charge BRL700 (~USD 300) for the dimmer (this prices are the prices i've quted with them, and the USD?BRL rate was just 1.60 - now it is 2.3 i think they have new prices!!

It's not the *dealer* that he's talking about, it's the authorized Control4 *distributor* in Brasil.

Distributors have higher overhead, they have to maintain stock, train dealers, handle RMA / tech support / import fees and other things than just taxes.

Obviously, I can't comment on Control4's choice of distributor in Brasil or any other place.

RyanE

I understand they have higher costs, but not as high as it can justify the kind of pricing they have here.

Just think about it, a dimmer in US cost, for the final client USD70 plus taxes and everything to brazil, we have USD140.

And I’m using the price the final client pays, which obliviously is not the price they pay when buying from control4 as they are *distributor*.

Anyway, the problem is i cannot buy it in US and install it here - at least I don’t know how to do it. And in the end I came to another question - lets say I leave in US and I have control4 in my home. I'm moving to Brazil and I want to bring my c4 stuff with me - how should i install it here?

Thanks

I'm not surprised because the C4 official sales method is that you buy from a dealer and he comes to install the gear. Last time I checked, when you bought a dimmer from their site they didnt put an installation technician and a return plane ticket for him in box also :) I dont work for C4 and this is my speculation, but I wouldnt be surprised if they asked the site to stop selling their products. (disclaimer - I used to work in E-commerce for a major clothing company, and I did that all the time with "dealers" selling on eBay as it was against our MAP policy - but I digress)

Control4 does not allow it's dealers to sell on the Internet (ie: put price online and ship it anywhere) - it's in the contracts the dealers sign (which is very common with a lot of different mfg.).

Archived