C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Control Screens

titus

I, like many others, dropped my remote and broke the LCD screen. The remote is still fully functional but the screen is obviously unreadable.

The problem right now is that it somehow got switched to another room (and not the main TV room where we use it 99% of the time). Does anyone have a diagram of the menu structure so I can sequence my button presses in order to get it back to the "Living" room?

(I'm putting off a replacement remote since I'm toying with upgrading to an HC-500 which would obviously come with a new remote - however if anyone has an extra V2 system remote that they would like to sell, let me know).

Thanks for the response Ryan. My hope was that I could take an educated guess at the room layout based on how it looks in Composer HE.

I just didn't want to stumble through the menus blindly and get stuck on a room that does no good, or start messing up the lights, etc. For right now, I'm at least on a room where it's useful as an audio remote (Kitchen).

Actually - you both are thinking too complex.

If the remote is in your project in the CORRECT ROOM you want to control it in - then just yank the batteries and put them back in. When the remote first boots up and communicates with the server, it'll change to the default room the remote is located in.

Problem solved! :)

hehehehe... not physically where the remote is located...

In the PROJECT (Composer HE) - where is the remote located. It sounds like it's located in the KITCHEN - so you'll want to move it to the LIVING in your project - then reboot the remote. :)

You have an on-screen navigator right?

Can't you press the "4" button to bring up navigator on a TV, then navigate to the upper left hand corner to the room location and change the location you are controlling. The remote should now control the room you have selected. Right?

Yup, I can see the room layout. I just can't remember the actual menu structure. So if I knew for example that I had to Go "LCD Button", Down twice to "Locations", Right once to get to the Rooms, select your room and click "OK". Then I would be ok because I have the rooms layout in Composer. It's just the sequence that I'm missing to get there...

so it sounds like you should order the new 500 and see if your dealer will let you borrow a remote until the unit comes in. they will have to stop out to get the borrowed remote onto the system. you could also purchase a used remote on e-bay for about $50 and then have your dealer add that remote to the system. proably going to have to bite the bullet on this one.

I'm sure there has to be a way to do it in Composer HE - I'll have to get my hands on a copy and install it and play with it.

Another thought - can your dealer remotely log into your system and change it for you?

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm going to buy an upgrade at some point anyway - but in the immediate term I have some in-laws coming to town this weekend and it's the main TV room and yada, yada, yada...

If anyone has their remote handy I'm sure it will take about 5 minutes to just outline the structure of the menu that I'm kicking myself for not memorizing....

If it's a V2 (which you seem to indicate in your posts), you should be able to do the following:

Hit the 'LCD (display)' button, hit 'House', hit 'Select' (which selects 'Location'), then you should have a list of floors, with the first one selected (in my case):

Main ->

Upstairs ->

Basement ->

Choose the one you want. If (in this example) it's 'Main' you want, just hit Select again. If Basement, hit down, down, then Select.

Then you get the rooms that are on that floor (my example):

Family Room

Entry

Kitchen

Mud Room

etc.

The first one is selected, so if 'Family Room', just hit 'Select'. If 'Kitchen', hit down, down, select.

This should select that room.

Good Luck, you seriously WILL need it... :)

RyanE

Archived