C4 Forums | Control4

Digital Audio Programming Question

ChrisC4

I need help on this area really bad. I have 2 HC 300's in my project and I am having problems getting digital audio to show up in all the rooms, mainly the theater. Each 300 in the project controls certain rooms. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to have digital audio show up in all rooms with dual 300's in a project? All of my equipment is in the basement and I an distributing audi/video via a switcher, baluns and cat5. I have rhapsody and have no problems accessing it when digital audio is showing up for that room. My audio is ditributed with analog amps to speakers mounted in the ceiling. If this is not enough information, I will provide whatever info is needed to get help.

Sounds like a connections issue in programming. So you have Rhapsody that you want to distribute from an HC300, right? Or is it something else (MP3s on a drive somewhere?)

Can you tell us how the devices are connected?

Rhapsody - HC300 Audio out - audio matrix input 1 - audio matrix output 1 - Bedroom Amplifier input (example)

The connections in composer will need to look the same.

HC 300 audio out 1 to one of the inputs on the a/v switcher (along with the component video, Shinybow), which is then distrubuted to the eight locations (tvs) throughout the home via component cable or component cables, baluns and cat5.

HC 300 audio out 2 directly to the amp-which is connected to the speackers.

The second HC 300 is connected the same way. I recently ordered the new 4 channel amp from control4. I have not received it yet. I will have it connected the same way as I have the current amps now, all the channels will just be integrated into 1 amp. The a/v switcher has 8 inputs and 8 outputs (component video, analog and digital coax audio).

My sources are:

apple tv

sony 777

x box 360

2 hr 20 dvrs

2 hc 300s

ipod doc (on order)

Yep, no problem with the audio endpoints. The issue is getting and keeping the digital audio to show up in the navigator in the theater. I know that it is automatically added when a controller is added. It will only show up once on the tree but per room it should be there or else it will not be in navigator.

You say your theatre?

1) Are you a dealer? Can you post/send your project to one of us?

2) Im only guessing that in your theatre your using a RCVR or Pre-AMP to decode digital audio and output 5 or more channels for surround? You need bindings from either from your A/V seitch to your RCVR/Pre-AMP or from your HC-300 to your RCVR/Pre-AMP and then have your RCVR/Pre-AMP be the vulome control in that room.

And those to HC-300's are being use as one being director and one being slave right?

Not a dealer.

I can email the project if it comes to that.

All of the bindings are made and as you state, I am using an amp in that room to power surround. The amp is the audio endpoint.

I am not sure that I have them set up as a master and a slave....how do you distinguish?

Archived