C4 Forums | Control4

Rename/Add/ Default User Interface Buttons on 10.5" V2 Touch Panel?

I am new to Control4 but currently have the HC-500 and the 10.5" V2 Touch panel and I have been learning the past couple of days. I have a few questions about the 10.5" Touch panel GUI.

- The touch panel by default has static screens for different types of components so "TV" has default buttons, "Satellite" has default buttons and so on

- My question is, can you Add/Subtract/Change the default touch buttons?

- For example, can I change the "PVR" button in the Satellite screen to another name? Can I remap the "PVR" button to another command? Can I remove the "PVR" button? Can I add another button to this default screen?

- I know you can add Custom Buttons (4 groups of 6 for a total of 24) but those don't modify the default screen, they simply add new windows that open up. These custom buttons are pretty bland and not very sexy but that is besides the point.

Thanks in advance for you input.

MG

As I posted in another thread, yes, it is likely that Control4 will update the residential Navigator to be more similar to the Hospitality Navigator.

It is currently not on a publically-published release schedule. i.e we're not posting about when it'll be available.

RyanE

So my next question would be' date=' if the Hospitality interface available and at what price?[/quote']

No, hospitality only.

I have some friends, I mean customers staying at my house next weekend. That should qualify me as a bead-n-breakfast. Additionally I am being hospitable to these friends, I mean customers. I think this might qualify as providing services in the hospitality industry. Sign me up, where do I download? :)

I guess that the functionality isn't as complete or at least different from the edition we know, which is why C4 would need some time to adapt the new interface to cater for the more complex and varying use of their home systems.

Joachim

Archived