C4 Forums | Control4

location of project files

fdastoor

This has always seemed a bit confusing to me, but the project itself, the one you're running, is stored on the Controller. When you open up your project in Composer it's reading the program (I think) from the Controller into your computer's memory, and changes are done real-time back to the Controller. By the same token, if you load another version (say a backup) of your program into Composer I believe it loads that onto your Controller as well.

Hopefully someone else can explain this better.

--Jason

This has always seemed a bit confusing to me, but the project itself, the one you're running, is stored on the Controller. When you open up your project in Composer it's reading the program (I think) from the Controller into your computer's memory, and changes are done real-time back to the Controller. By the same token, if you load another version (say a backup) of your program into Composer I believe it loads that onto your Controller as well.

Hopefully someone else can explain this better.

--Jason

Yes, if you connect to director when you first start up composer it reads from the controller. If you load a project from your file directory it loads that project to the controller then composer takes it from the controller.

Archived