C4 Forums | Control4

Elan Com2 Integration with C4

Soundboy

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, and my company is getting ready to become a Control 4 dealer (I'm taking training in January). I also have 16 year in the industry so Im not brand new to integration. I have a client that we originally sold an elan system to but we are switching it over to a control 4 system. All the wiring will work fine. The only issue is we wired the doorbell for an Elan DSC3 and its bracket is in place. Its to be used with a Elan COM2 so we must use the DSC3. Can the COM2 integrate with Control4? The COM 2 Has 12V output on its volume control override when the doorbell is pressed. Is there a way that the contact inputs on the HC500 can integrate? I think if I get a 12V relay, this should do the trick. What I dont know is if the HC500 or the 16CH amp/audio switcher can be programmed to switch all designated zones to a specific source input momentarily to hear the doorbell chime from the COM2. Im thinking the COM2 will have to be treated as a source. The COM2's Doorbell output is an RCA audio out. Does anyone know if this is possible? OrIf anyone has done this, It would be great to hear what you did.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

hello

simply update to the newest version of composer/director and use the contact inputs on the HC500 then create an announcement agent. Do you want to use the COM2s door bell sound? it would be easier to to simply use the announcement agents ability to play a doorbell wav file. I have done this many times and it works great. I use Viking door phones and have the relays in it trigger the announcement agent.

if you dont want to do that you can do programming on the project to switch to the COM2s audio output and switch back but it would require additional programming but its 100% possible.

This particular doorbell has a camera, mic, and speaker in a solid brass plate. Plus the Com2 allows you to talk to the person at the door, and use your phones as an intercom. Not many systems have this. I really appreciate your feedback. It has helped me alot.

i would look into Viking door phones with the cameras. they have very nice door bells in many sizes and finishes and they sound amazing

then take your composite camera feed and get an adapter from sivdeo.com and convert the feed to component. you can then put that signal on your component video switch and when the door bell is pressed a simple programming feature will trigger any tv that is turned on to switch to the front door.. very simple and works great.

• 2 years later...

Saw your post on the forum about the Viking Doorstation.

It seems like a much simpler solution than going with the Elan Setup. How complicated should the programming be for my local dealer. He was recommending the Elan solution, but the cost is more than 2 times the cost of using the Viking solution even if you include as I am thinking about the following items:

Viking E-50-BN-EWP + Viking C200 Controller + Viking SLP-1 + YPBPR2CSV composite to component adapter.

If it is then connected to the MP2-E it should be able to be posted to any TV and/or Touchscreen (TSWMC7)?

I would really appreciate your input. I am hoping to integrate with the intercom license/system.

Archived