C4 Forums | Control4

annex⁴ - Development Livestream (10 am EST)

Rexabyte

Tomorrow at 10 am EST we will be starting a livestream for some driver development, during this time you're free to ask us any questions or bring up any concerns you may have for any of our products. Based on the current poll results we will be developing a Kodi driver Saturday and Sunday, if we're unable to complete the driver over the course of the weekend we will wrap it up some short time later.

You can catch us when we go live at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajt469HZVw

Update:

About three hours in and we have communication with Kodi with basic navigator functions working fully (pause, play, left right, etc)!

Some things we've learned so far:

• Kodi allows toast notifications, which means we will be integrating LiNK Reveal notifications in for anyone using our LiNK driver. 
  • Browsing for Kodi services will be possible using the list and grid on the navigators, making it easier for end users to find exactly what it is they are looking for. 
  • Integrated feedback so that if an end user swaps input/addon using something other than the Control4 interfaces, the driver will detect those changes and update navigators/remotes in real-time. 

Any and all questions are welcome!

I just wanted to thank everyone that came to watch the live-stream. We'll be adding playlist/queue support, transport actions, more notifications and a bunch of other stuff to the media service proxy tomorrow.

I'll be going live at 10 am EST once again.

We just wrapped up the live stream for today, once again I want to thank everyone that came to watch. If you haven't seen a feature you want let us know and we'll be sure to squeeze it in for you.

Today we fixed some image rendering issues, added some icons, implemented the now playing queue, added support for favourites and fixed some bugs.

Wizard.

Thank you for taking the time to do this, it was a great and very insightful. It was nice to see a Dev interacting with customers, both dealers and end users, 

Cant wait to have a play with the driver when it is released, based on what I watched on the stream I see revenues from the rival driver dropping.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and again thank you for your hard work and time.

Archived