C4 Forums | Control4

Help with light switch

I have an immediate problem that I would really appreciate any thoughts or help. One of my light switches just stopped working. It is a hard wired switch not a programed one (ie it directly controls the load). The lights are on and do not turn off if off when the switch is pressed off though the led switches from top to bottom. I have also tried controlling from a minitouch and from software. From either, the led's respond on the switch but the lights stay on in all cases.

My wife is going to be pissed if I can not figure out how to turn the lights off (and on again). Any quick help would be very appreciated. The rest of the Control4 system seems to be working just fine and I have never had problems with lights before.

Thanks

Jim

It is a Control4 switch and it is controls two light fixtures with 3 CLF light bulbs each. It has been working well since we got C4. I believe that the bulbs are 13 watt CLF each (equivalent to 65 watt incandescent or so).

Any thoughts?

No, that should be OK.

I don't have any ideas other than having your dealer RMA the Control4 Switch.

If indeed it's a switch and not a dimmer, there's no way to mechanically switch it off, if the relay has 'stuck', which it obviously should not do.

RyanE

Archived