C4 Forums | Control4

Security camera

texasturbo

I bought some of the Panasonic PoE cameras. You can watch and control them on the touchpanels, you can watch and control them on any television hoooked up to a C4 controller, and you can watch them over the internet.

I am not sure about recorded video.

I bought some of the Panasonic PoE cameras. You can watch and control them on the touchpanels, you can watch and control them on any television hoooked up to a C4 controller, and you can watch them over the internet.

I am not sure about recorded video.

Can you elaborate on the cameras that you got, and how you hooked them up to the system? I have composer pro and have been able to figure out everything I have wanted to add/program/do, but I have not tinkered with a camera yet. I am curious as to what cabling/wiring is required to accomplish this.

I bought some of the Panasonic PoE cameras. You can watch and control them on the touchpanels' date=' you can watch and control them on any television hoooked up to a C4 controller, and you can watch them over the internet.

I am not sure about recorded video.[/quote']

Can you elaborate on the cameras that you got, and how you hooked them up to the system? I have composer pro and have been able to figure out everything I have wanted to add/program/do, but I have not tinkered with a camera yet. I am curious as to what cabling/wiring is required to accomplish this.

PoE = Power over Ethernet, all you need is a Cat5e/6 run and a PoE switch or injector.

I bought some of the Panasonic PoE cameras. You can watch and control them on the touchpanels' date=' you can watch and control them on any television hoooked up to a C4 controller, and you can watch them over the internet.

I am not sure about recorded video.[/quote']

PoE = Power over Ethernet, all you need is a Cat5e/6 run and a PoE switch or injector.

This may be a really stupid question, and forgive me if it is, but how does the video/audio get back to Control4? Does it go over your wireless network?

I bought the following with reference prices (I paid less on Ebay):

BB-HCM511A $340 shipped from newegg.com

BB-HCM531A $564 shipped from thetwistergroup.com

BB-HCM581A $808 shipped from abesofmaine.com

The 531 and 511 are essentially the same thing except one is for outdoor use. The 581s are dome cameras. I havent actually gotten my C4 system yet but they essentially just hook up to the network via a single cat5e cable, draw power from that, and once the C4 driver is added to the project with the IP address of the camera then you are good to go.

The dome cameras are awesome but pricey. Ive only seen them demo'd in the store but the quality was great and they seem to work reasonably well in low light (we tried them in a closet with the door just barely cracked open)

Can you elaborate on the cameras that you got' date=' and how you hooked them up to the system? I have composer pro and have been able to figure out everything I have wanted to add/program/do, but I have not tinkered with a camera yet. I am curious as to what cabling/wiring is required to accomplish this.[/quote']

This may be a really stupid question, and forgive me if it is, but how does the video/audio get back to Control4? Does it go over your wireless network?

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/about-ip-network-video-cameras.html

The ethernet cable is plugged into your switch.

Then you add the camera to your control4 project, and fill in the required fields.

Archived