C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE - dragging action not working

nhmalik

Over the last couple of days in Composer HE (2.91), I have been having trouble dragging actions from the rightmost panel into the center script area.  Double clicking the action has it appear in the middle but that becomes problematic for conditionals where I need to drag the action onto the conditional to have it indent properly and be connected with the conditional. Rebooting the system (both the PC and the controller) has not corrected the problem.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

You can always drag the command from the center, after you've double-clicked it, to the conditional.

Thanks for that suggestion, however, whatever is preventing me from dragging the command from the Actions section to the Script section is also preventing me from dragging one line on top of the other.

Very strange.

4 minutes ago, nhmalik said:

Thanks for that suggestion, however, whatever is preventing me from dragging the command from the Actions section to the Script section is also preventing me from dragging one line on top of the other.

Very strange.

You should double check if the line you are dragging is actually there when you leave the device event (click a different device event and click back to it).  I've noticed that 2.9 and 2.91 sometimes does not (but almost always) receive the lines of code that I'm dragging into the centre.  I would sometimes find that none of the programming is in the centre after I leave device event and come back to it.  Refresh navs once in a while, leave the device event (click a different device event) and come back to it to confirm programming is there.

Archived