C4 Forums | Control4

Security system for condo that integrates well with C4

urbanmark

I've been thinking about a C4 system for a new 1,400 sf condo in downtown Seattle. The developer is currently offering to include a security system (something from GE - Allegro/Concord?) and I was looking for recommendations on systems that will integrate well with C4. It won't need to be a complex system, I just want something that will work well with a future C4 system. Any feedback is appreciated... Thanks!

There are many systems which will integrate well with a Control4 system, but a lot of dealers like the GE Concord 4 and say it works best with Control4.

Specifically, the setup of the Concord4 within the Control4 system is pretty simple, and it has a lot of built-in functionality (i.e. key fobs, etc.).

If it's any other panel from GE than the Concord 4, it either won't integrate, or if it's the Concord 3, the integration is not as easy.

RyanE

Great... thanks for the quick (and confirming) responses!

I had read some of the posts on the GE Concord system, but all the dialogue seemed to relate to much larger installations and I wasn't sure if that would be right for a 1,400 sf condo. Also, a C4 dealer just contacted me suggesting a DCS system? I'll have to look into that too.

@c44me - Funny you mentioned the Bravern. We're actually moving into Gallery (in Belltown) next month which is by the same developer.

DSC systems are good, pretty comparable to the GE Concord, although they're a *little* more work to get setup.

They created a new serial module after we met with them, and it's much improved. The IT100 is the serial module you need.

http://www.securitysystemspro.com/DSC-IT-100-Data-Interface-Module-p/dscit-100.htm

It works much better (has a better serial protocol) than the 5401 serial module it replaces.

RyanE

Archived