C4 Forums | Control4

DS2

nevets23

I have a DS2 and three T3 touchscreens. When the doorbell on the DS2 is pushed, it should send video to all three touchscreens. I noticed today (of course when I was showing someone the system) that video not being sent to one of the three T3s when the doorbell is pushed. The T3 in question receives video from all the other T3s and works perfectly fine as far as I can tell. I also checked all the settings i composer and on the T3 itself, and everything is setup correctly so that the video should pop up...

DS2 firmware is also up to to date, although if someone could confirm the latest firmware version, it would be nice to triple confirm.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? Maybe I just need to reboot the HC800?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

Sounds like the communication agent is hung up rebooting the touchscreen or the main controller should resolve this on its own

Tried it. Now the DS2 is showing offline! It doesn't even show up in my list of connected devices in my router, so I'm not even sure what the IP address of it is anymore. Plus, it's not showing up as an SDDP option to re-identify it to the project. Tried resetting the network controller, and everything else but no dice. The DS2 has power to it, so it doesn't make sense. Is there a way to factory reset it easily? i read all the documentation, and I don't see anything.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 minute ago, Matt Lowe said:

you may need to wait its taken hour or two on some projects for the communication agent to reconnect everything. depending on how the ds2 is powered you can just turn off power to it to reboot it

It's poe. Shouldn't resetting the network switch it runs to take care of it? I feel like it's been two hours already.

Archived