C4 Forums | Control4

GE Concord Programming

HI all,

I have been wanting to know how to program specific events on my security system. I know the system has recognized all zones but I can't seem to find how to program around a zone. For example, I am away and an event happens in the master bedroom. I'd like an email that says what zone had the event. Is this possible? If so, are there any hints?

Thanks,

The big thing is you need to have your dealer "bind" the elements of the security system to objects in Control4. Then those objects will show up in Composer and let you do anything with them.

For example, I had all my motion detectors, several doors and a few windows all bound in Composer, and now I can trigger lights when doors open and close, switch camera views when the front porch motion detector senses motion, etc.

Once your dealer binds the Concord elements to Control4 elements, the programming is pretty simple.

--Jason

Yes, as Jason said, you need to have your dealer add Control4 contacts to your project, and bind them in the Connections page to the zones that you want to use in programming.

The programming (which you can do with ComposerHE) goes on the Control4 contact, not on the Security System itself.

RyanE

Thanks for the replies. So I sound more intelligent, tell me what you mean by adding the security connections to the contacts. If I don't have a really involved dealer, how do I describe what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Jimmy

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my alarm switched to Concord 4 and some of my contacts like the 2 of the smoke detectors don't show up in my project. Is this possibly a Concord 4 issue or possibly a Control 4 binding issue? I'm having my alarm company come back to see if they show up on the Concord 4 but after reading this, I'm thinking they may not all have been bound or something in the project / Composer?

I don't know if smoke detectors are exposed as sensors on the Concord.

It's possible that they are exposed, but your dealer didn't hook up Control4 contacts to it, but he'd have to look in the Connections page at the bindings that were created during discovery of the security panel.

RyanE

In that situation we just install wireless smokes near the Sparkies smokes and add them into security.

BTW, we only use GE Concord 4's, which are very reliable/ supported/ expandable/ so I see the benefit.

I'm not the security expert, so I can't say what will work and what won't, but it's been my experience so far, that anything is possible :D

Archived