C4 Forums | Control4

X10 Question

dougw246

I am a former X10 user who has very happily upgraded to Control4. I love the Control4 system. However, over Christmas time one of the advantages of X10 was lost. I have a bunch of X10 Appliance modules that I used to switch Christmas lights all over the house. The advantage of the modules is they are cheap and I already have them. At over $100 each for the Control4 modules, Christmas light control gets a little expensive.

I know the X10 stuff is not anywhere near as robust as Control4. However, for Christmas lights, who cares.

Thus, my question is, has anyone played with X10 in a Control4 system? Is it worth having a dealer write a driver for the Infrared Mini Controller (IR543) to control various items?

Any thoughts are welcome.

I am currently using X-10 appliance mods to run our landscape lighting transformers for obvious reasons. You can trigger X-10 signals using the relay out put on HC and HTC/MC controllers using the alarm interface. I simply scheduled the relay to toggle the cc driver and presto job done for very little $ outlay and no zigbee issues.

Using IR is the easiest route however you will not get an icon under the lighting icon in navigator. There are the exceptional few programmers out there who will be able to make it pretty for you under the light icon however the development time will be costing.

same goes for any rs232 or IP route.

• 7 years later...

Archived