C4 Forums | Control4

V1 amps vs. V2 amps -- volume

query

The second of my two Control 4 amps has died and another V2 replacement is on the way. I noticed when the first amp was replaced that the volume went down with the same MTS, 10.5 or LCD volume setting in the zones serviced by the V2 amp.

Is the output on the V2 amps lower, or is there some master gain setting on the amp that the installer did not adjust properly? If so, where could this be adjusted?

I like the system but as a more general comment, being an early adopter certainly has had its challenges, about which I guess I was naive when I first purchased the system. Now all the "v2 and v3" versions are coming out to correct deficiencies in the original products, not just to provide improvements (amp, receiver, 10.5). I hate to have to buy the whole system twice as an early adopter penalty... Sometimes I wonder if the same would have happened with Adagio, which I had been considering as an altenative...

• 3 months later...

I noticed the Amp say they have a built in Matrix switcher. Do you use that or did you buy the separate switcher. I would like to add matrix switching to my house but I don't want to buy the switcher if the amp will do what I need.

I have 15 zones so I will need two 8 zones amps. Since I am using two amps is it easier to use the matrix switch to send all source to all zones verses two separate amps. With two amps using there switch, would I be able to send all sources to all zones?

Kevin

*almost*.

You've made an 8x16 zone amp.

If you need more than 8 inputs (which sometimes you do for so many zones), you would need to use the matrix switch in front, and use the amps just to amplify, not to switch.

RyanE

Archived