C4 Forums | Control4

Need Help w/ Honeywell Vista 20P w/ ICM Module

Thanks guys for your feedback. In regards to the alarm I do use Card access for the entire garage door automation but I used Ademco for the motion sensors, door and window contacts. I have been reading some posts on here regarding the Vista 20P w/ ICM Module only supporting 16 zones and I am concerned because I need all of the zones monitored.

I thought everything was working perfect but then as I was adding text to speech announcements into my C4 to play when different door or window contact switches are broken I noticed that the wireless window contacts are not working with the announcements. I don't know if it is just a coincidence but the windows that I am trying to get to work are all above zone 16 so I am not sure if I have something programmed incorrect or if I need to upgrade the firmware as I was reading in other posts. Has anyone else had this issue and is it the firmware or do I probably have something in the programming wrong?

I forgot to mention that the window contacts that are not working are not only on zones 17 and above but are also wireless.

But the alarm panel register the windows open immediatelty and with all zones below 16 registers with C4 within a second or two. But for some reason the zones above 16 register on the alarm panel but will not perform any programming that I assign to them.

It must be the firmware update but I need to know which one I need and where to find it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

These are the previous threads that I was referring to with the firmware updates. Let me know if anyone knows where to find the firmware updates and if 16 + zones do in fact work after installing. Thanks.

Hang on what about this past exchange though......I have an Ademco with an ICM and we only see 16 zones.

"RyanE, A while back you commented that the ICM interface support 32 Zones. My dealer only sees a 16 zone driver and I of course need up to 32 zones. Is there a way to make it see all 32 Zones?

Does anyone have the ICM interface installed working with 32 Zones (More than 16)? Any iput would be greatly apperciated as I spent a lot of time and money swapping out my old Ademco panel with the 20P and ICM for C4 integration"

"The driver has not been updated in 1.3.2 to support 32 zones.

It will be in 1.6, which should be released this summer.

RyanE"

Yes, the Vista ICM module only supported 16 zones, and it was supposed to be fixed in 1.6, but the *both* the firmware in the ICM module and the Control4 system had issues still in 1.6.

Yes, it has been fixed in 1.7, but your ICM module must also be updated to have the latest firmware.

Once that has happened, your dealer must actually attach those contact bindings to contacts within the Control4 system, and to any programming you want on those additional zones.

Again, this is completely dependent on which panel and interface module you're using to connect to Control4. If you'd asked about the Vista ICM module, I'd have known what you were talking about. Sorry about that.

RyanE

Vista ICM Beta firmware updated to 2.7.12 zones 17-32 all working.

http://www.in2networks.com/PDFs/pdf46.pdf

There's the PDF copy of the installation manual for the ICM module. It's on page 23. As I said earlier, you might want to get whoever installed your panel to do the upgrade, as you'll need your dealer as well to attach the bindings as stated by Ryan, and run Control4 version 1.7x

As far as I know, it works with zones up to 32, as long as you have the proper firmware installed in the ICM module.

If it isn't working, your dealer will need to call Tech Support to resolve the issue. One of our tech engineers will work through it with him, I believe there is one specifically assigned to try and troubleshoot issues with the ICM.

RyanE

Archived