C4 Forums | Control4

Antenna recommendation for Control4 Tuner

hehateme

the antenna isn't as important as these little guys...If you have the regular tuner, you will need an attenuator. I will ask Ryan E if it is ok to post some of the tech bulletin regarding this. Ryan, let me know if you read this.

It's fine with me.

Of course, I don't speak officially for Control4 on these forums.

Basically, the v.1 tuner worked much better with some attenuation on the input.

It's one of the reasons the v.2 tuner has been redesigned.

RyanE

Basically what Ryan said, basically you will need an in-line attenuator with values of -3, -6, -8, -10. These can be used individualy or combined. This will probably make more difference than the antenna. In fact, I bought Ryan's old tuner and used these and it makes alot of difference.

I would have your dealer ask Control4 about it. At one time, they had a kit for v.1 tuners that would include the attenuators.

I used to also have an online link for them, but I can't find it right now. Maybe Neil can find them online with the ones he has.

RyanE

I live in the suburbs in LA and had horrible AM and FM reception. I added a Winegard HD 6010 Omnidirectional FM Antenna (HD-6010) antenna on my roof with an attenuator and it made a huge difference. But I have been unable to get decent AM reception out of the receiver. Ridiculous, but true.

Would love to hear any AM antenna recommendations from others.

Archived