C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 LAN Interface

For various reasons, I feel like my DS2 is running a different version of the LAN interface than it should be...my guess is the it is running a version intended for the 2n IP Verso. The lan interface has a section that tries to connect me to the 2n cloud, and every time I turn it off, it seems to automatically connect again shortly thereafter. The DS2 works fine with respect to all TS3s in the house when the doorbell on the DS2 is pushed, but I can't for the life of me get the e-mail notifications to work anymore. Everything was working fine with the e-mail notifications and then all of a sudden stopped. I doubled checked the login credentials, etc, and it still doesn't make a difference. It says "Test E-mail Failure" every time i try to send a test e-mail. I think this has something to do with the 2N version of the lAN Interface.

I tried factory resetting the DS2 and the lan software, and it still doesn't make a difference. Again, I'm guessing the "my 2n" cloud link shouldn't be present. I think this stems from a while back when I tried to test out the 2n mobile intercom. Does anyone know how to fix this/if there is a way to get the correct version of the DS2 C4 lan interface? Perhaps the boot loader version is different? The firmware in composer for the DS2 is uptodate, and I did  autoconfig everything once the factory reset was complete.

I know some people have successfully set up the 2n intercom mobile app with the DS2, but I was never able to get it to work. Since everything was working after I gave up trying, I thought I had restored everything to its original state, but now I'm thinking maybe I didn't, and the firmware version on the ds2 is still the version for the 2n ip verso...Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Everything is the same except for the boot loader. Not sure if that would make a difference or not...My boot loader is 2.8.0.17.1

Do you have a my2n tab, when you login to the DS2 interface using its ip address?

Archived