C4 Forums | Control4

Best wireless touchscreen New 7.5'' or 10.5''???

Last question for opinions I promise. Just wanted to know if anyone has used the new 7.5'' wireless touchscreen and how it stacks up against the 10.5''. I am looking to use it for all around control but also for viewing IP cams. I have the 7.5'' in wall and the Iphone app but am limited with no wireless on the 7.5'' and limited Rhapsody control on the Iphone app.

Anyone tips or advice on which one to purcahse would be appreciated. Also I need to purchase these and wanted to know who can sell me all of the last 3 topics that I posted or should I go through my current dealer since he will be installing them. The 3 topics I am referencing are the preferred IP cams (6 of them), the preferred method to control power on the PS3 and XBOX (wireless outlet or BT to IR converters), and this topic about wireless touchscreens. Thanks for your help.

Okay yes complete wireless is a necessity. I must have heard incorrect info because I was told that they were already released. Does anyone know when they will begin shipping them for sale? If it's fairly soon than I would probably be better off just holding off until they begin shipping right? Or is the 10.5'' better than the new 7.5''. I understand that no one has really had a chance to use them so feedback is limited but based on the specs are you guys anticipating these to be the hot new item?

No doubt that they will be a hot item. No 'books open' notification on them yet, so not sure when they will begin shipping. Usually it's about a month after 'books open' notification, so keep watching, as I'm sure you will see a thread on them once we start getting email notifications.

I like the 10.5's, but they are somewhat bulky IMO. Like carrying around a tablet pc really.

That was opinion of them also. The smaller the better when it comes to this type of device. If the Iphone had full Rhapsody I may just add another Iphone license instead but it is also not good for viewing cameras. Does anyone know if there is any news for the Iphone app including full Rhapsody navigation.

If it were me, I think I'd wait for the 7" wireless.

It's just a much nicer sized panel. I think it's also going to be a bit faster. Newer processor, brigher screen, etc.

I don't know when it's expected to ship, but I think it'll be a little while yet.

As someone else said, there has been no 'books open' message yet, so it's at *least* a month away, I'm guessing a bit longer.

RyanE

Desktop 7" vs. Portable 7" -- Is a battery and cradle the only difference? The Control 4 website description of the desktop said it was either ethernet or wifi. So is it's lack of "portability" just because of power? Also, has a list price for the portable 7" been released? It looked like the desktop was $1295 list?

I don't know what MSRP on those products are offhand.

The tabletop version can be either PoE or Wi-Fi, as can the in-wall. The only difference between the in-wall and the tabletop is the way it's mounted, as far as I know.

The portable is quite different than either the in-wall and the tabletop.

It is wi-fi, has a battery, and has several hard buttons on either side. It has up/down/left/right on one side, and the volume and channel up/down on the other side.

It's industrial design is a bit different as well.

RyanE

Archived