C4 Forums | Control4

Lunux Wireless Netowrks? What products have you had success with?

I just wanted to get some all around feedback of the Lunux product for anyone that has used it. I am simply looking for one or two more wireless access points so that in the summer when we are all outside I have no issues with my ControlUI etc. Let me know what products you have used and what you would recommend for my application. This was what I posted on another thread. Thanks.

Hey sjj31a I went out today to check my wireless signal all around the house which is where I will be all summer long and it is very weak even with the wireless access point. Your recommendation of Lunux looks like a great product. I love how all the best companies are the one's that don't sell at Best Buy and how 99.9% of customers don't know that for nearly the same cost they can get a far superior product.

I have been researching the luxul product and it looks like I would need the PePWave Mesh Connector 200 HD26166. Let me know your thoughts on this product for my application. I need a larger wifi signal for my iphone app to control music and the house in the summer when I am in the front yard or back. Is this what I need to accomplish that or is there a different on that you would recommend.

We are only talking about 200 feet in the back and 200 in front at the most and from what I can see on the diagrams which is why I chose this is because it does not just send the signal one way or the other. I don't know if that makes any sense but some of the one's that I have been looking at you have to point them in the direction you want to extend and given that I need this in the front and backyard I believe this is what I need. Let me know what you use and have had success with knowing what you guys have installed and has worked will tell me which one to get. Thanks for your help.

http://www.wirelessnetworkproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1888

Sorry about that brain fart. Was the link that I attached their website or is that company just a reseller for Luxul? It is a 2 story house with a large basement that I use more than the first floor. Total square footage is around 6,000 sq ft and the back yard is around 100 ft long by 100 ft. wide and the front is the same. So just from taking a quick look it appears that this would be something like what I need right? What models would you suggest AA given application.

If you recall I have the AT&T DSL 1.5/768 going into a basic modem then into the airport extreme 802.11 n/b/g going into both the Time Capsule 802.11 n/b/g and the netgear gigabit switch. I get a great signal anywhere in the house but there's no way it will be enough outside. It would also be cool to be able to control it a few doors down because we are always outside in the summer and I could turn some lights off if I forget or close garage door. Obviously that's not necessary though. Thanks a lot for all of your help lately. Very professional response after our first introduction.

http://www.wirelessnetworkproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1318

Archived