C4 Forums | Control4

EVA8000 Strange Behavior and the Missing HOME key

sjj31a

I finally broke down and got a used EVA8000 (I am tired of waiting for the 3 - 9150's I have on order). I was able to fire up and works great. However, I noticed a few fatal flaws in the drivers:

1) There is no HOME key on the C4 system, CANCEL goes back but the HOME key seems to be a critical key if you happen to fall into the EVA menu system and need to change the picture back to full size. My first reaction was to just edit the driver but it is Lua as such I cannot just add an IR code. Does anyone know if it exists and if so where it is at on the c4 remote?

2) I have a situation where I change movies and the EVA screen is overlayed on the movie (ie I can see the movie behind the screen). Hitting the Home key fixes it but that is the only solution. As such I was going to have the EVA fire a home command but I could not find.

I would think the c4 driver just takes care of all of this, is anyone else experiencing these issues?

I found the answer to one of the questions, the GUIDE key is the equivalent of the HOME key. That fixes the remote but not the touchscreen as a GUIDE button does not show up on the control screen just MENU and CANCEL. I think I am going to create a custom button on any room that has one of these to say Netgear HOME and have it trigger the send of a GUIDE key IF the Netgear is playing.

On a seperate note, I can't see the RATING or the GENRE from my NAS, the BROWSE works fine for ACTOR, DIRECTOR etc, but not the RATING AND GENRE, they show up empty on both the remote as well as the touchscreens (even after multiple navigator refreshes)

• 11 months later...
I found the answer to one of the questions, the GUIDE key is the equivalent of the HOME key. That fixes the remote but not the touchscreen as a GUIDE button does not show up on the control screen just MENU and CANCEL. I think I am going to create a custom button on any room that has one of these to say Netgear HOME and have it trigger the send of a GUIDE key IF the Netgear is playing.

On a seperate note, I can't see the RATING or the GENRE from my NAS, the BROWSE works fine for ACTOR, DIRECTOR etc, but not the RATING AND GENRE, they show up empty on both the remote as well as the touchscreens (even after multiple navigator refreshes)

Hi......did you ever find a work around, fix or resolution to the missing rating & genre via the browse menu?

I cannot seem to get anything from my m2ts, mkv or avi files stored on my NAS with my C4 & EVA9150.

Archived