C4 Forums | Control4

What switch does C4 Recommend?

tls88208

Question

Hey everyone, I just picked up a EA-3 controller, is there any specific router/switch I should look at getting that works well and is supported by the C4 apparatus? My home is going to have a lot devices on the network, PoE, hard wired ethernet, c4 touch screens, surveillance/security, 4k av dist. whole home audio, etc. 

I've always been a huge fan of Netgear, so that is what I would like to purchase, currently looking at the Netgear 48-port 380W GS752TP 

2 answers to this question

Have you seen any issues with those who are running two switches that are different brands? So if I wanted to run a ubiquiti 24 port for only my internet/ethernet throughout the home, and then have the EA3 or EA5 hooked up to a separate slave PoE switch like the Pakedge is this possible to do with Control4 (i.e. the skills of my dealer being able to configure it?) I really would like two switches, just for redundancy, scale, and the potential to have C4 seperate from everything in the house in case it was sold and I wanted to breakaway the rack.

I'm looking at something like one managed non PoE and a managed PoE. 

Archived