C4 Forums | Control4

Programming remote

Hi All

I'm new to the forums and Control4. I'm trying to program the "colored" buttons and the directions say Connect to a director and select System Design view. How do I do this?:/ My installer / dealer is out of town for a while and I'd lick to get it done.

I am able to program the buttons as described above, but when I press the buttons it does not execute the command. For instance when I press the Green button after programming it just gives brings up the list of lights in the room or lighting scenes. Is there something I am missing. Thanks

Ensure that on the properties page of the remote, the 'Version 1 Remote Behavior' check box is not checked.

Otherwise, the remote will act like a v.1 remote, which doesn't have the Red/Green/Yellow/Blue buttons.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...

I have two remotes RCZ-SRC2-B that both stopped displaying the letters within a week of each other. The system still identifies them and can find them. I can still turn on/off the tv's in their respective rooms by pressing the appropriate butons - the backlights come on - and I can increase/decrease the intensity of the backlight from within composer - but no words - letters to see on the display.

Any ideas? I have looked everywhere for a way to reset them...

Typically, if the display stops working, the display has been damaged.

They normally don't just go out, unless they've been dropped.

The version 2 remotes were designed to be much sturdier and less likely to break the LCD when dropped, but it can still happen.

The only way to reset them is to take the batteries out for a while, and then put fresh batteries back in them.

If that doesn't cause the LCD to come back to life, unfortunately, they probably need to be replaced.

How long have you had them? You may want to check with your dealer, they could still be under warranty.

RyanE

Archived