C4 Forums | Control4

Can any one help with Yale Lock? Please!

Rori

Have had a Yale Lock since they became available but unfortunately multiple issues with it, too many to describe!  Yale has exchanged hardware over time (last time ~ 8 mos ago). Main issue related to poor communication with C4. Have been on Version 3 of the Yale driver, C4 zigbee module version 2.  Components are: HC800, HC 300 (two) and H 200.  HC200 is 20 feet from the lock at most.

Yale fine for last eight months now not communicating with Control 4. Have taken batteries out, replaced with fresh, module in-out, rebooted all C4 components several times and nothing. Lock reads 'online' in Composer HE.

I have an excellent remote dealer and pending his help on this. He previously indicated my Zigbee coverage was poor in the house (two stories).  All light switches are C4 and I have other C4 devices but as per C4, the lock does not do well hopping around and apparently talks to the Zigbee server directly. 

Any ideas or suggestions to try?  I was going to move the HC200 in immediate proximity to the lock temporarily using a long network cable just to see if it can communicate. I cannot place C4 hardware closer to lock on a permanent basis.

Now almost at the point of replacing the lock with another type of unit that can be operated remotely because I need house access for an elderly person in case of an emergency. I checked out the Nest x Yale but don't know if that might be better or not.  I prefer having the key option in the C4-Yale unit, of course need whatever I get to work remotely. Any suggestions on this also appreciated!

I have absolutely no Zigbee issues in my home, NONE, even for devices much further away (outside the house) so getting tons of C4 hardware hoping the lock works better not super appealing!

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts while I await the reply from my dealer.  I read about changing Zigbee channel but suspect I  cannot do that in Composer HE.

Many thanks!

I’ve had similar issues with my kwikset lock.  Odd though I have 3 and only one had issues and it’s been replaced too

i got the suggestion on here to use lithium batteries.   I do that and swap them out every 4-5 months.   Been good.  Batteries are still close to half full but I put them in a zip lock bag and use them for my handheld hiking gps or my wireless computer mouse/keyboard etc.  

works for me.  

Archived