C4 Forums | Control4

Any GE Concord4 Experts?

Ok, self-installed my Concord4 panel and sensors and all.

Everything seems to be working fine (well almost), including the RS232 Superbus2000 module.

The autolearn feature in Composer is sweet for the Concord panel, grabs all the zones and what not.

My problem is I'm getting an "Bus Unit Failure - AM1 - Ground Fault" error on my keypads. Double checked my wiring, even ran another CAT5e and terminated it just in case. Tried a 2k OHM EOL across the Zone1/ZCOM on the RS232 module (unused in my situation). No dice.

The funny part is the alarm system seems to be functioning fine, other then this annoying error.

PS: Can you disarm the Concord4 from a MTS using 1 + CODE? Doesn't seem to work for some reason. Can you use the remotes to do anything with the alarm other then seeing the status of the sensors?

Thanks guys!

You should be able to do anything you can with the physical panel (1 to disarm, then enter your code).

As far as the ground fault warning, you should double-check your keypad wiring between the panel and the automation module.

You may also want to connect the gnd pin (pin 5) to the ground on the automation panel.

If you can't resolve it, there is an option to turn off the ground warning in the panel setup.

Also, if you remove the RS232 connection from the automation panel and you still get the ground fault error, I would suspect something wrong with the automation module.

RyanE

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.

I (and others) appreciate your expertise and participation in these forums RyanE.

Well, we've got it narrowed down. I unplugged the RS232 DB9 M<->F cable from the Superbus2000 automation module. Booted the Concord4 panel back up, no errors.

Plugged it back in, rebooted the security panel and the same ground fault error reappears. I tried using a wire and jumping the back of Pin#5 from the connector on the board over to the Ground on the screw down terminals, but that didn't help things.

Hmph, guess I might need to RMA this unit and get another from the vendor?!

I still think its funny everything seems to function just fine, but I hate to disable status/error beeps because of this, cause it is probably useful when working correctly.

Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

My problem is I'm getting an "Bus Unit Failure - AM1 - Ground Fault" error on my keypads. Double checked my wiring, even ran another CAT5e and terminated it just in case. Tried a 2k OHM EOL across the Zone1/ZCOM on the RS232 module (unused in my situation). No dice.

This is your problem! The automation module does not get wired to a zone with a resistor. Using a 4 wire 22/4 cable, you connect

(+ red) to 12v

(- Black) to common or ground

(Green) to a- bus

(White) to b-bus

NO Resistors because this is not a zone. It does not need to see resistance.

Archived