C4 Forums | Control4

Trouble programming macro for Apple TV

pinkoos

Hi,

My dealer is having trouble programming and/or getting to work a relatively straightforward macro for our Apple TV 4Ks.

Basically, what I want this macro do to is the following after whatever button the macro is assigned to is pressed:

-directional keypad down

-directional keypad down

-select

The purpose of this macro is to recreate a "previous" channel function for YouTube TV.  We have YTTV and to jump to the previous channel, it requires the sequence outlined above.

He first tried it and assigned it to the "prev" button on the C4 remote.  The macro works when on the ATV homescreen (ie, two moves down and then select) but didn't work at all when within the YTTV app.  He thought that maybe there is a function already assigned to "prev" by the ATV driver and that may be the problem; however, before having him create the macro, I don't think "prev" did anything when ATV was the source.

Then he tried assigning the same macro to the "info" button on the remote, but what it did was pause whatever is playing and recreate two down presses, but no select - almost like select was the first step in the macro instead of the last step.  Again, he thought maybe "info" is mapped to something in the driver and that is preventing the macro from running correctly.  Though, again, pressing "info" before he assigned the macro to that button did nothing under ATV.

Lastly, he tried assigning the macro to the # button, but the exact same behavior as the "info" macro above is duplicated.

Does anybody know what could possibly be going on/going wrong?

Thanks.

What happens if you take the remote out of the equation and execute the macro from composer (while on YTTV)?

You could also try putting a pause between commands in the macro to see if it’s moving too fast for YTTV.

Also, have you tried it in a different ATV app?  

Archived