C4 Forums | Control4

mts V1 ethernet dead!!!!HELP

spl147

just got it off ebay brand new......i connected it to the poe adapter and i get nothing........the stand by led on the poe is green and the power mode led is amber wether it is connected to the mts or not.........ne ideas?

Spl, I have no idea how many are in there because I don't take my gear apart. I know one of them is for a dealer to perform a restore.

I hope you understand the ramifications of both buying on ebay and taking the equipment apart.

why all the drama? I'm sure the OP understands there's no warranty through eBay purchases. It's a risk some people are willing to take. Most of the times it works, sometimes it doesn't. Limit your $ exposure based on your financial situation.

OP, just return it to the seller for refund, it's a DOA item. If the seller does not cooperate, file a claim with eBay. Eventually you'll recover (most of) your funds. Good Luck.

• 1 month later...

Anyone interested in the field of electronics should begin their "schooling" with a Multimeter. It will become your best friend if you want to continue buying used components. Some people scoff at the thought of buying someone elses problems. And then there are those of us that have learned to revitalize components instead of filling the landfills with them.

Archived