C4 Forums | Control4

setting up control4 in new home

I've been buying control4 components on ebay for my new home. I'm getting nervous about getting it up and running when I'm finished. Is this sight informant to set up system completly? I would like to set up home theatre, and music through 16 rooms for now and add on later. What equiptment should I be looking for ? What wiring should I install prior to drywall ? Thanking you in advance Frank:cool:

You can't set it up on your own, Control4 is designed to be installed by a certified dealer. You need special software to create the initial project and to get all the equipment "talking" to one another.

After you set up your gear initially in the project, you can change programming and other features on your own with some software you can buy from your dealer.

There are cases where people buy gear on eBay and their dealer installs it, but it typically comes with the notion that the dealer won't warranty that gear that they didnt sell.

In answer to your question, there are a lot of different options depending on your automation/distribution needs and your budget.

Archived