C4 Forums | Control4

Volume levels off on different sources

Whenever I’m outside in my outdoor kitchen or by my pool, and I’m trying to listen to Tidal, Pandora, or any other streaming application, I have to turn the volume up to 100 to hear anything, and even then I can barely hear it. If I switch to DIRECTV, it blares loud and the volume needs to be adjusted back down to normal levels. It’s like this not only in my outdoor kitchen zone and my pool zone but in every zone in my house. If I’m not mistaken, I think all the streaming music apps come from my EA-5. I also have an EA-1, but I’m not sure if the music streaming comes from it. It’s possible both are being used since I have 2 instances of Pandora that show up on my navigator, but the volume is like this on both.

I checked the volume levels for each output from my Control4 amplifier that feeds all my zones, and the volume of every zone is set for 75%. My dealer is supposed to be coming out later this week to hang a new TV and said they could take a look at it then, but I’d like to fix it sooner if someone has any ideas what could be wrong and could tell me what might need to be adjusted. Since all my zones are set to the same volume level, I’m wondering if there’s a way to adjust the source volume or if it’s something else. Everything has been working fine ever since everything was installed, but this just started happening recently.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.