C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.0 - GUI different on Android App?

7 minutes ago, blub said:

Hi

I was just browsing some of the videos here ´: https://de.control4.com/os3/getting-the-most-out-of-os3

and was wondering about the "Active media bar" which doesn't appear on my Android device (APP is 3.0) - is the OS 3.0 GUI really that heterogeneous?

I see it on my galaxy note. Do you have media active in the room?

3 minutes ago, blub said:

Hi

I was just browsing some of the videos here ´: https://de.control4.com/os3/getting-the-most-out-of-os3

and was wondering about the "Active media bar" which doesn't appear on my Android device (APP is 3.0) - is the OS 3.0 GUI really that heterogeneous?

Hey blub, are you using a phone or a tablet?  The Active media bar doesn't appear the same way on phones as it took up way too much space.  On a phone, you get the media bar on the bottom of the screen.  See the attached screenshot

IMG_A5A6891EB4D5-1.jpeg

1 hour ago, jakblak said:

Hey blub, are you using a phone or a tablet?  The Active media bar doesn't appear the same way on phones as it took up way too much space.  On a phone, you get the media bar on the bottom of the screen.  See the attached screenshot

IMG_A5A6891EB4D5-1.jpeg

It is on a phone and it looks like ur screenshot.

But I still don't fully understand it because:

1 - many phones ahve a high resolution and could easily display the media bar

2 - the icons on the homescreen are huge - they could be smaller in general or resizie to be smaller when playing media to make space for the media bar

3 - on the "now playing" page there is coverart on top and the queue below. When I scroll the queue it goes upward and uses space from the coverart to make up mor space for the queue list - this could also be done at the homescreen to make scrlling icons easier when the media bar is displayed

I got to use OS 3 and the UI more but for now it does have drawbacks which and isn't as much of a new GUI that I hoped for...

3 hours ago, jakblak said:

IMG_A5A6891EB4D5-1.jpeg

Looks like the media bar can be extended by swiping upwards - this seems to be indicated by the " - " on top of the bar. An "arrow upwards" would have been easier to recognize.

11 minutes ago, jakblak said:

Ah yes, sorry, I should have explained that

OK, thx.

But I still think the icons are too big and there would be enough space to present the media bar the same way or at least in the same position on all screens - see my post above

EDIT:

Since you say you work for Control4, there are some issues with the HEOS driver:

4 minutes ago, blub said:

OK, thx.

But I still think the icons are too big and there would be enough space to present the media bar the same way or at least in the same position on all screens - see my post above

EDIT:

Since you say you work for Control4, there are some issues with the HEOS driver:

Hi @blub, I can tell you that a lot of thought and effort went into optimizing the experience for each device class (phone/table) and what was chosen worked best for the vast majority of available devices.  That being said, I'll be happy to pass along your feedback to the appropriate team.

Do you know if the Denon Heos driver is a certified driver?

12 minutes ago, jakblak said:

Hi @blub, I can tell you that a lot of thought and effort went into optimizing the experience for each device class (phone/table) and what was chosen worked best for the vast majority of available devices. 

I can imagine that. But the wider the audience the more feedback and sometimes new ideas you get - since C4 does no public betas no one here knows, so I thought its worth menitioning

13 minutes ago, jakblak said:

That being said, I'll be happy to pass along your feedback to the appropriate team

thx, thats perfect.

14 minutes ago, jakblak said:

Do you know if the Denon Heos driver is a certified driver?

Seems so:

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&q=&fq=manufacturer:"DENON"

Just now, blub said:

I can imagine that. But the wider the audience the more feedback and sometimes new ideas you get - since C4 does no public betas no one here knows, so I thought its worth menitioning

thx, thats perfect.

Seems so:

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&q=&fq=manufacturer:"DENON"

Thanks, I'll pass this along to the driver team

@blub, Just wanted to let you know that I was going to create a bug for this and it looks like there's already one created for this issue?  The team will prioritize, and fix it as soon as possible.

Archived