C4 Forums | Control4

10.5 Will not update to 1.7

I have a 10.5 inch touch panel that will not update to 1.7. I have tried several times and it will not work. I even open 1.6 composer and try to upgrade and it will not work. The panel is stuck in 1.6. Any Ideas ?

Thanks

I would imagine the reason you aren't getting any help is because end users upgrading there own equipment is not supported.

Did you dealer give it a try? If he can't get it to update, get it warrantied.

Is your dealer involved in this at all?

I would love to help but unfortunately dealers handle the updates....this would probably get immediate assistance in the dealer forums.

Dealers on this site don't encourage end users utilizing Composer Pro and so they typically don't help with issues they should be handling (can you blame them?).

I will see if it throws an error code. Then post. But I'm pretty sure when I try to update that theirs a lot of waiting then nothing. Same thing happened to a friend and he said his dealer had to order new flash memory.

Thank You

No offense but sounds like you should be asking your dealer for help with the upgrade. Some of you may not sweat bricking a couple hundred or thousand dollar device but it would make me nervous on my own LOL.

OK C4user. Sounds like you need to have your 10.5 Restored.

I don't suppose you have a USB Restore Stick do you?

Here's what I'll do.

Since ILoveC4 wants to bring My name up for no apparent reason.

I'm going to start offering my Services for updates and issues.

Since these Dealers here will not assist.

We can work on the Barter system.

What do you have to offer for me to send you a restore stick?

C4 4 All, as I mentioned providing assistance, especially for financial gain, using stolen property is asking for trouble.

At least email the guy to keep it out of the public eye.

Trouble from You or Whom?

I think I'll continue to post as I have to insure others are not thinking as you are.

Thanks for the advice though.

After all, this is an Open Forum.

Thanks Dan!

C4 4 All' date=' as I mentioned providing assistance, especially for financial gain, using stolen property is asking for trouble.

At least email the guy to keep it out of the public eye.[/quote']

Trouble from You or Whom?

I think I'll continue to post as I have to insure others are not thinking as you are.

Thanks for the advice though.

After all, this is an Open Forum.

Thanks Dan!

You could end up messing systems up pretty bad without the proper training.

OK C4user. Sounds like you need to have your 10.5 Restored.

I don't suppose you have a USB Restore Stick do you?

Here's what I'll do.

Since ILoveC4 wants to bring My name up for no apparent reason.

I'm going to start offering my Services for updates and issues.

Since these Dealers here will not assist.

We can work on the Barter system.

What do you have to offer for me to send you a restore stick?

I will have to check. PM me and we can talk more. Thank You Very Much for the help.

Actually guys the problem may well sit in the flash card, which is too small on the older units. so you cannot upgrade from old 1.3 all the way to 1.7 if you dont have the larger flash card installed. This will also cure nétworking issues. New flash cards are available from your local dealer.

Have fun.

Actually guys the problem may well sit in the flash card, which is too small on the older units. so you cannot upgrade from old 1.3 all the way to 1.7 if you dont have the larger flash card installed. This will also cure nétworking issues. New flash cards are available from your local dealer.

Have fun.

hmmm

I have 2 V1's and both upgraded to 1.7 with no problems...

Archived