C4 Forums | Control4

Using Weatherbug Temperature

How would i use the CURRENT_TEMP under the weather bug driver to trigger an event?

e.g. While the CURRENT_TEMP is greater than 80 F then turn on attic fan.

i have the weather bug driver working properly, but i am not sure how to program this in.

thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks henniae.

1) What would the programming under the CURRENT_TEMP look like. I can see how to do a conditional event, but there is only an option to have the CURRENT_TEMP either (!=) or (=) a certain value. there is no (<) or (>) option. does this mean that i have to have a conditional event for every possible temperature?

2) also, when i program in the degree that i want the fan to kick on at i could not get it to work even when i had the temp set to (=) something. do i have to carry the number for the temperature out to 1 decimal place? e.g. 60.5 or just 60.

thanks again.

That's because the CURRENT_TEMP is a *string* variable.

If you want to use it as a number, it (or an additional variable) would have to be created as a number, an then have that variable's value set when CURRENT_TEMP is set in the Lua code.

RyanE

Just guessing from Ryan's post but he mentions LUA code which I take to mean, that you would have to edit the driver in driverworks to make this work.

I don't think this can be done from composerHE

Could you give me an example of what the lua code would look like.

I can see the .c4i files under the "composer" folder in the "program files" folder. can i open up the weatherbug one in a text editor and edit it that way?

if not then i will send the example to my dealer and see if he can do it for me.

thanks.

I don't provide end-user support for the Weatherbug driver.

Writing DriverWorks drivers is beyond the scope of a forum post or two.

If your dealer wants to post the question on Control4's Dealer Forums, I could possibly post an example, where many Control4 dealers would benefit from the post.

Sorry.

RyanE

Archived