C4 Forums | Control4

10.5" Touchscreen director issue

Hi everyone,

A collegue of mine sold me his control4 wireless touchscreen. I connected it to my wireless network and manually conected to my director and everything worked fine. My director version is 1.3XXX and my touchscreen is 1.7XXX. A week later, my touchscreen in the bottom right corner says not communicating with director. I went to the director tab and the director IP address is no longer there. I added it again and hit connect but it is not connecting. Is my touchscreen malfunctioning? If it is is it fixable? Is there a something I can do to reset it or stop the issue?

Thanks

Elijah

One problem is that the software versions don't match, but there could be others such as your wireless network.

Try contacting your dealer and have him fix the problem. The dealer should have known better than to run the two different software versions.

Not only what has been mentioned, but your dealer would also need to put in a driver for the touchpanel, and make the connections in software to make the touchpanel connect consistently to Director.

While it will somewhat work without that, some panel functionality (popups, specifically), won't work without it.

RyanE

Archived