C4 Forums | Control4

4sight error

I was using 4sight today in my browser (Firefox). and got this message when I ended the session:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Control4.Web.Sites.Management.Applications.Default.get_APPLICATION_PAGE() in d:\Builds\Web Development\Web System v2.5.3\Sources\Control4.Web.Sites.Management\Applications\Default.aspx.cs:29

Control4.Web.Sites.Management.Applications.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Builds\Web Development\Web System v2.5.3\Sources\Control4.Web.Sites.Management\Applications\Default.aspx.cs:56

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

A lot of pages are written with code geared towards IE and it's (mis)handling of proper HTML code. Do you receive the same error in IE? I've found that sites that are "broken" with FF work "fine" in IE.

I thought so and that's why I specified "firefox" but I wanted to at least post it for C4 to have as a record.

As for IE, I don't use it ever. My bias. I don't know if I would get the same error but I can certainly experiment and report back a bit later on today.

Thanks.

This is a known issue related to the current release (and can be reproduced in any browser) , it is fixed in the current version which should be deployed sometime next week. Sorry for the trouble.

Clint

This is a known issue related to the current release (and can be reproduced in any browser) , it is fixed in the current version which should be deployed sometime next week. Sorry for the trouble.

Clint

Thanks for the heads up.

Archived