C4 Forums | Control4

Sony VisionTouch (SA-90ESG)

All,

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck/success integrating an older Sony sa-90ESG amp into a C4 controlled A/V system. This amp uses the VisionTouch IR system which uses much higher frequency IR commands (455kHz instead of ~50kHz I believe). I'm able to control the amp through a Proto remote by way of cable I built with an integrated IC that allows me to send the IR commands through a connected Sony DVD or CD player via the Control-S1 input on the amp and the player. The problem is I'd like to replace the Sony CD player that I currently use with something different, breaking up the current pairing, and I don't have other Sony gear to do this trick with. BTW, this is a very good amp and has very clean sound, so I'm not really interested in swapping it out if I have some other alternative. I can probably yse the amp's IR to control the other A/V devices but I'd like to eventually have more automation in that house with lights, thermostat etc, so if I can do it with C4 it would be great. My dealer isn't sure if this is possible either and suggested buying a new amp, but that turns this little project into a much too costly big project.

So the 2nd question (if the 1st question doesn't have any answer) is, what frequencies are supported for TX by the control 4 IR blaster and/or IR extensions? Some universal remotes I've seen do say they have high frequency support, but my research shows there are only 2 out there that people have been successful with, but the info is old and the amp is older, so things may have changed in the past few years.

thanks

-Richard

The HC300 and HC500 should be able to put out a high-frequency IR signal, although I'm not sure if it'll do all the way to 455KHz.

The problem is *learning* the IR. The Control4 controllers can not learn high-frequency IR signals. Your dealer may be able to learn the signal with a Global Cache' IRL (IR Learner), and then put the codes into the Control4 driver.

It may work, it may not.

RyanE

It would have to be, if the device uses high-frequency IR, since those can't be captured on the controller itself.

That, or maybe the codes were available on RemoteCentral or somewhere else, and someone just copied in the codes.

RyanE

Archived