C4 Forums | Control4

DS2-Mini: "Poor Connection"

17 hours ago, JAJUTI said:

I have checked the ethernet cable and everything seems fine. I'm getting tired of this, also IMO the whole C4 doorstation functionality is just to complicated and rigid, if it doesnt work you dont really now why and sometimes even the delaer can't help (although he will charge for the help...). IDK, compared to some other doorbells this just seems a very expensive solution which don't really give you nothing special...

Since I have an Echo show in my kitchen, echo spot in the bedroom, echo show 8 in the office, echo show and 2 fire HD tablets mounted in hallways I am more and more inclined to replace the C4 doorbell with Ring elite. It has more functionalities, is cheaper and will integrate into my system better.

All this in a house where I have started with everything controlled by C4 (from all lights, blinds, windows, alarm, audio and video zones,...almost 30k worth of equipment). A pity really...

I understand your frustration, as to some extent I've been frustrated by mine at times.  But, as I've mentioned before, Intercom functionality is part of the basic setup for the DS2, and something that the original installation should have taken care of.  If they didn't do that properly, then I would think they're obliged to get this working properly for no cost.

And as ILoveC4 just posted, and I alluded to in one of my posts, I don't have any programming as such for Intercom functionality.  I think the Communication Agent needs to be configured properly to have the relevant devices all 'talking' to each other properly.  Have a look at this recent thread, as it may help.  It addresses an issue with the T3, not the phone, so it is a little different, but perhaps some of the steps might help, along with just removing the "Start a Call" programming present in your project which doesn't seem to be necessary, and which might even be the source of the problem.

Lastly, are you in the U.S.? According to one document I found, Intercom Anywhere only works in certain countries.  Just a thought given some of the non-English sounding elements in your screen captures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.