C4 Forums | Control4

Newbie to Control4 - Guidance appreciated

Hi

Just wanted to introduce myself and seek some guidance from anyone willing to offer it.

I've been a serious lurker on this forum for the past few weeks and have just taken the plunge into Control4. Today was the first day of pre-wire! Thought I might see if anyone was willing to offer me any guidance for a first time user on whether some of the things I am after might be real errors or whether there are some basics that I am missing and should be thinking about.

My project started as a single room TV/Audio to be controlled by a HC300 and 3 separate audio zones controlled by 3 speaker points.

Having read a lot more about what C4 can do (on this forum basically) I am now aiming for:

- 2 x AV Zones (the second controlled by a HC200);

- AV zones will have blu ray, Cable and NAS drive data;

- have scrapped the speaker points in favour of a matrix audio switch. The 2 AV zones are also going to be audio zones;

- c4 control of external fans, garage door, pedestrian gate and car gate. Garage door will be controlled via a wireless controller (no data cables laid to it);

- IP camera;

- lighting in some areas of the house including dimmers.

- a 7 inch touch screen and a couple of 6 button switches.

Am I pushing Control4 too far here?

From what I have read I didn't think so, but interested in your thoughts.

Thanks

Agreed. The IO on a 300 is minimal. The extender will get you there. Also, if you have been lurking here you probably know that the 300 is capable of about 6 times more action than you are describing above. Granted, we all want "more power" but the fact is we are running gads of traffic out of that controller.

Archived