C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Itouch App

The iPhone/iTouch app was not written by Control4, it was written by a separate company, called ControlUI. They do update the application frequently, but I don't know if anyone on the forums would know what their future schedule / list of future functionality would include.

Sorry.

RyanE

I sent an email to ControlUI on June the 22nd questioning the status of the updated iPhone app for Control4 and they responded to me by email on the same day saying the upgrade was already sent to Apple and they were waiting for Apple's approval and posting of the same. Their answer as to time frame was "hopefully soon".

I had questioned them only because with the 3.0 upgrade to iPhone from Apple there were a few glitches with the Control4 app They did not specify what was being addressed with the updated app in their response to me.

So ... we are waitin' on Apple !! :rolleyes:

I just loaded up the newest C4 UI on my touch (version 2.2.0.1) I think there are some bugs and wondering if other people have seen this.

1) Under House / Cameras - the images streaming from the internet (traffic) do not update, Some of my cameras in the house do not update (Panasonic BL-C1'A - I have 12 of these and they display images properly most of the time - i set these camera's up on their built in web server and I can access them from the internet (this works all the time)

2) You can only control music in a room that has music equipment. On the touch panels or 10" touch panel, you can control music in any room (as it should be since each room has speakers). on the iTouch device, the music selection is greyed out for most rooms.

3) Rhapsody did not appear to work

4) Comfort did not show all t-stats at once - only able to look at one at a time (I have 4 zones)

Hey sscottroth I thought I would try and take a stab at your questions.

1) I have 3 cameras running and they are all live on my iphone, maybe a network issue if the cameras aren't streaming correctly.

2) I have never been able to control music for a room on my iphone or 7 inch unless I was currently under that rooms heading. Now if I'm in a room with music I can go to music then zones and add or delete a room or increase/decrease the volume but that's it. If you have a room with music capability and the music button is greyed out sounds like a programming issue.

3) I don't have rhapsody(but the 5.00 dollar price has me thinking)

4) On the iphone if I go to comfort it will show me that rooms t-stat and then under that it says all thermostats and if I select that then I see all 3 thermostats. My 7 inch doesn't do that but the iphone does.

hope that helps a little

pharmdsmith,

thanks for your input. that does confirm that your software is behaving the same way as mine. I sent controlUI a message asking them to change the functionality to be more like C4's touch panels. e.g. control music from any room. I have music in every room via speaker and 2 amps in the basement. on my 10" touch panel, i can control music from every room, just not on the iTouch. I'll have to check out the streaming images from the internet again to see what is going on there - my in house camera's seem to be working just not the traffic streams from the internet (they work on the fixed touch screens and 10" fine. I'll have to check out the t-stat functionality as you mention above.

thanks for your help. The device is pretty cool and since i carry it around anyways, better IMHO than the 7" or 10" touch panels as long as they upgrade the software to get the same functionality. I guess looking at 16 images on the small screen isn't great but I guess that's a screen size limitation.

Regards,

sscottroth

My cameras do not update either on my iPhone. On the first version they did, but since then they do not. They work fine on the mts's and on 4sight. Also I have a port open so I can access my system away from my local wifi, but the cameras do not show a picture (on either wifi or 3g) I will contact Control UI about that

I have had problems here and there displaying Rhapsody music info on the iPhone.

Music lists would such as new music, recommended music, etc would not load up. Not all the time though. I went to info and then did an update and let the rooms re-parse info to the iPhone and voila Rhapsody worked fine. Not sure why or why not, but most of the time Rhapsody works fine.

I have had a few instances on the on screen navigator too with Rhapsody and a reboot of the controller solved that as well. I had added a bunch of mp3's to the attached hard drive and seemed to be after that that I had the on screen nav problems.

As to the $5/month price for Rhapsody, we could only hope! :D It currently costs 12.99 or 14.99 per month depending on which plan you have chosen. Love it though. But less per month would be great!!

thanks tebery!!

Update:

First agent I got at Rhapsody didn't offer to reduce pricing BUT the second time I called .... BINGO!! Second rep. offered $5 per month subscription with confirmation # for same.

They said the billing was $15 quarterly. Fine by me.

• 1 month later...

Archived